- Social Media Marketing Manager (Stipended Intern)
Social Media Manager Job Description
The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning, strategy and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management (including website)
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
- Reputation management
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as she/he engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning fans into customers.
- Turning customers into advocates.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to the Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Manager is instrumental in managing the company’s content-related assets. Google’s #1 search ranking factor is relevant content (content that serves searchers’ needs the best.)
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads)
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: employee training.)
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content. (We recommend Post Planner and Buffer.)
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print, and digital marketing)
- Manage or oversee all social advertising campaigns.
This position is a full-time salaried position. Specific titles and/or duties for this position may also include:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Customer Experience Manager
- Community Manager